Getting hitched and looking for your perfect NYC City Hall wedding photographer?
We’re here to make your big day feel — and look — as special as it truly is through gorgeous high-resolution photos that tell the unique story of you and your partner.
Best of all, we offer a variety of packages to suit every budget.
NYC City Hall Wedding Photography Packages:
We’ve got a few budget-friendly NYC City Hall wedding photography packages to choose from. These include:
Ceremony Only ($300)
- 1 hour of shooting inside the Marriage Bureau
- A digital folder of touched up, print-ready photos (sent within 72 hours of the ceremony)
- A witness (your photographer can also sign as your mandatory witness)
- You can add additional hours for $200/hour
Ceremony + Around Town ($500)
- All of the above mentioned in the “Ceremony Only” package
- An additional hour to take gorgeous wedding shots around NYC
- You can add additional hours for $200/hour
Getting Married At City Hall (The Nitty Gritty)
Now, when you get married at City Hall you’re actually getting married at the Office of the City Clerk Marriage Bureau at 141 Worth Street. You’ll enter on the right of the building.
There are a few steps once you arrive:
1. After going through security — coats and bags need to go onto the conveyer belt — you’ll wait to be called up to sign your marriage certificate.
2. Once signed, it’s just a short wait until your ceremony.
3. Outside, in the waiting area and in the ceremony hall are numerous opportunities for photos. Moreover, not too far from the Office of the City Clerk Marriage Bureau are NYC attractions like the Brooklyn Bridge, City Hall Park, and Chinatown. Of course, we can also take the subway elsewhere around New York City for additional photos.
Sample City Hall Wedding Shoot Photos
See sample photos below and above. You can also see additional examples of our work on Instagram or email us to request samples.
See what our happy clients are saying about our NYC City Hall Wedding Photography:
Jessie is amazing, and I can’t recommend her highly enough. We got married at the NYC Courthouse on a very cold day in January, and Jessie took our pictures outside the courthouse, on the Brooklyn Bridge and in a park in Queens. She was lovely to work with and each of our photos is just stunning. I’m so, so glad we booked her for our special day, and I would definitely consider booking her again for a photo tour of NYC. What cool service!Bobbie G.
Then head here to book:
NYC City Hall Wedding Photographer Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What do I need to do before the date of my New York wedding?
Before your big day, it’s important to get a Marriage License. This costs $35 by credit card or money order, payable to the City Clerk. The Marriage License is valid anywhere in New York State for 60 days (or 180 days for active military).
You must wait at least 24 hours after obtaining the Marriage License to have your ceremony.
Q: Is same-sex marriage legal in NYC?
Yes! Actually, it is legal in all 50 United States of America.
Q: How do I set a time for my booking?
Once your package is booked, our team will follow up with you to set up a time. We highly recommend booking for a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday before 10am to maximize time. Fridays and later in the day tend to be busier, and you can end up waiting over two hours.
Q: What if the ceremony takes longer than an hour?
We price our packages based on hours, though if time goes over we can break that up into half hours. This means that if you book a one-hour Ceremony Only package for $300, but it takes an hour-and-a-half, it will be $375.
This also means that if you book a Ceremony + Around Town package, but we spend 90 minutes at the marriage bureau, we’ll have 30 minutes left for outdoor photos.
As long as you book on a weekday before 10am, preferably as early as possible, this shouldn’t be a problem. Note that Fridays tend to be busier.
Q: What is your cancellation policy?
We recommend opting for cancellation insurance, which is offered by us at checkout when booking your wedding photography.
If you do not opt for this insurance, our default cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellations made at least 30 days in advance receive a 90% refund
- Cancellations made between 73 hours and 29 days out from the tour departure receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations made within 72 hours of the tour departure are non-refundable
Please keep in mind that photographers block their schedules when a booking is made, turning away other clients to be available for yours. In order to effectively run our business while ensuring photographers are always compensated, we do not provide 100% refunds.
If you need to reschedule please email us at [email protected] and we can try to accommodate as best as we can. As long as your scheduled photographer can accommodate your request, we’re happy to reschedule at no charge.
Please see our Terms & Conditions for full information (section 3).
Q: I have more questions about hiring NYC Photo Journeys as my NYC City Hall wedding photographer. Who can I contact?
Email is the best way to contact us. Our founder and lead photographer, Jessie Festa, monitors our inbox herself (and shoots most of the weddings). You can contact her at [email protected] or use the embedded form below.