Getting hitched and looking for your perfect NYC City Hall wedding photographer?
We’re here to make your big day feel — and look — as special as it truly is through gorgeous high resolution photos that tell the unique story of you and your partner.
Best of all, we offer a variety of packages to suit every budget.
NYC City Hall Wedding Photography Packages:
We’ve got a few budget-friendly NYC City Hall wedding photography packages to choose from.
Ceremony Only ($300)
- 1 hour of shooting inside the Marriage Bureau
- A digital folder of touched up, print-ready photos (sent within 72 hours of the ceremony)
- A witness (your photographer can also sign as your mandatory witness)
Ceremony + Around Town ($420)
- All of the above mentioned in the “Ceremony Only” package
- An additional hour to take gorgeous wedding shots around NYC
- You can add additional hours for $120/hour
Getting Married At City Hall (The Nitty Gritty)
Now, when you get married at City Hall you’re actually getting married at the Office of the City Clerk Marriage Bureau at 141 Worth Street. You’ll enter on the right of the building.
There are a few steps once you arrive:
1. After going through security — coats and bags need to go onto the conveyer belt — you’ll wait to be called up to sign your marriage certificate.
2. Once signed, it’s just a short wait until your ceremony.
3. Outside, in the waiting area and in the ceremony hall are numerous opportunities for photos. Moreover, not too far from the Office of the City Clerk Marriage Bureau are NYC attractions like the Brooklyn Bridge, City Hall Park and Chinatown. Of course, we can also take the subway elsewhere around New York City for additional photos.
NYC City Hall Wedding Photographer Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What do I need to do before the date of my New York wedding?
Before your big day, it’s important to get a Marriage License. This costs $35 by credit card or money order, payable to the City Clerk. The Marriage License is valid anywhere in New York State for 60 days (or 180 days for active military).
You must wait at least 24 hours after obtaining the Marriage License to have your ceremony.
Q: Is same-sex marriage legal in NYC?
Yes! Actually, it is legal in all 50 United States of America.
Q: How do I set a time for my booking?
Once your package is booked, our team will followup with you to set up a time.
Q: I have more questions about hiring NYC Photo Journeys as my NYC City Hall wedding photographer. Who can I contact?
Email is the best way to contact us. Our founder and lead photographer, Jessie Festa, monitors our inbox herself (and shoots most of the weddings). You can contact her at email@example.com.